ABBES / Work Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABBES / Work Ride

Today was a great day to include riding and work.
    I left early up I-65 to Mount Olive Road exit in Gardendale.
    Mt. Olive Road to Warrior/Sumiton Road to Hwy 78.
    Sales calls in Dora and Sumiton.
    Left Dora on Hwy 78, Right on County Road 22 to Sipsey. Left 77 (not marked, does say "To Smith Lake") to Hwy 69. Right on 69 then left on Hwy 43 to Curry and the right on Hwy 157 to Arley.
    Left on Hwy 63 (this is one good twisty and smooth road) to US 278. Left to Double Springs and then on to Natural Bridge.
    Then down Hwy 5 to Nauvoo and the Slick Lizard for some great BBQ. After lunch I had a tour of the Old Harbin Hotel. Now a B&B.
    Then on to Jasper and another sales call (successful) and by the Walker County Court House.
    Finished the day on US 78 to I-65 to Alabaster and home.
    Good day.

http://picasaweb.google.com/smoothna...RideJune212007
    Martin Benson
    Alabaster, AL

2004 R1150R "Black Beauty"

----------
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Wow Martin,
    Sounds like a great Saturday ride for some of us. I'm going to save your directions and try to work that in ona Saturday or Sunday
    Connie
    http://www.freewebs.com/bamabmw/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by mdbenson View Post
      Today was a great day to include riding and work.
      I left early up I-65 to Mount Olive Road exit in Gardendale.
      Mt. Olive Road to Warrior/Sumiton Road to Hwy 78.
      Sales calls in Dora and Sumiton.
      Left Dora on Hwy 78, Right on County Road 22 to Sipsey. Left 77 (not marked, does say "To Smith Lake") to Hwy 69. Right on 69 then left on Hwy 43 to Curry and the right on Hwy 157 to Arley.
      Left on Hwy 63 (this is one good twisty and smooth road) to US 278. Left to Double Springs and then on to Natural Bridge.
      Then down Hwy 5 to Nauvoo and the Slick Lizard for some great BBQ. After lunch I had a tour of the Old Harbin Hotel. Now a B&B.
      Then on to Jasper and another sales call (successful) and by the Walker County Court House.
      Finished the day on US 78 to I-65 to Alabaster and home.
      Good day.

http://picasaweb.google.com/smoothna...RideJune212007
      Great job. It is nice when you can work your bike in as transportation with your work...I do it as often as I can too!
      Current Bikes
      '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
      '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Comment

You're da man Martin!

That sounds like a great trip. I was especially pleased to hear that the Old Harbin Hotel is now a bed and breakfast. Several of us visited there last year and had a great tour by the owners.

If any one else wants to see these places, you can also do Don Norwood's Heart ride and Bankhead forest ride. At the end of Bankhead run in Moulton, try out Nesmith's deep fried hamburgers. I hear that folks form hundreds of miles around go there for burgers.

Thanks for posting your adventure Martin.

Bob
        Bob Steber
        1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
        1991 R100GS The Bumblebee
        1976 R90s Odalisque

Comment

Working...
        X