Blueridge MC Campground flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueridge MC Campground flooding

The campground has reported that it is now closed. The recent tropical storm caused flooding that took out the bridge again, several cabins and other buildings. Sounds like everyone is alright for now. Updates as available. John and I were there for the annual Guzzis in the Blueridge 1st weekend in Aug.

Sad news indeed.

Comment

From what I see from pictures the whole area has been decimated. It may take a long time to rebuild roads and bridges all over the area. We all thought that new bridge was secure. Just wondering if there is any remnant still there.
      Jim Dubick
      2010 R1200RT
      BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Comment

Blueridge Campground

Really sorry this has happened again and even worse than previous years. Thoughts and prayers for Johnson Family at this time.
        Martha Warren

Comment

I have included a link to Jay's FB, some pictures
          https://www.facebook.com/john.zibell...08853645294557
          This is the third time flood waters have destroyed the bridge that John and I remember, mostly because of the Guzzi gatherings there, long before Philip and Leslie bought the place.
          Emma was at school and could not get home so she is safe at her mothers. Jay and one camper sheltered on the second floor of the lodge, Jays residence. The trailler Phil and Leslie stayed in and all but 3 cabins washed down river. Everyone is safe. The loss of life seems to be some of the campers at the Laurel Bend campground closer to the Community Center. Still about 17 unaccounted for.

Comment

Working...
          X