Please keep Bill Tonkin in your prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please keep Bill Tonkin in your prayers

Oct 21st we went to doctor and they admitted him to hospital due to complications from prostate cancer. He had a huge blood clot in bladder they had to surgically remove. The bladder has been weakened and the plan is to temporarily put nephrostomy tubes to each kidney to bypass bladder then go to Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy to heal bladder.

Bill has not walked since September 23rd. That was 1 week after we closed on our house on Island Manor. We are homeless. The good Lord is in charge and I am humbled and grateful. We moved in with my sister, amazingly her garage already had a super nice handicap ramp for the wheel chair.

As of today November 2nd he is now in Siskin for rehab. He is very weak. The goal is to get him walking and bladder to heal. No visitors other than myself and our priest. Please pray for Bill

Thank you
    Dianne

Sorry to hear this. Will Pray he gets through this trying time.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Comment

Bill Tonkin

Dianne, so sorry for Bill's declining condition. I will never forget all the help he gave me while revising the Club's Bylaws. He gave wonderful advice for the final revision. Let him know Phillip and I are praying for the doctors' hands that administer to him and provide the treatment he needs and ease his pain during this trying time. I'm sure he appreciates all the good help you and your sister have provided to him. Take care.
      Martha Warren

Comment

Blessings sent your way, Dianne + Bill. One day at a time is where we are these days!

We'll keep ya both in our prayers... Ciao Phil & Karen

Comment

So sorry to hear this Dianne. This year has been so tough for so many. You guys are certainly in our thoughts and prayers.
          Current Bikes
          '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
          '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Comment

Dianne, Susan and I hated to hear of Bill's misfortune. Hope he continues to improve. 2020 can't end soon enough!
            JGoertz
            2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
            2015 BMW R1200RT

Comment

Has anyone heard from the Tonkins
              Jim Dubick
              2010 R1200RT
              BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Comment

Thank you Jim and all that have reached out to us.

Bill had a very high risk surgery March 4, 2021. Afterward he went in physical rehab facility for couple weeks.
                He is home and has physical, occupational and nurse home care coming in.
                He is still weak, but with either a walker a cane (depending on the day) he is moving around. He tires out quickly.
                Yesterday we celebrated his 81st birthday with catfish lafitte dinner and banana pudding of course.
                His mind is great. He is not on computer. If anyone wants to reach out to him I would suggest text or call. 423.240.0852
                I'm sure he would enjoy a quick text or call.
                Please keep him/us in your prayers.
                Thank you
                Dianne

Comment

Dianne thank you for the reply. Tell Bill I checked on him and hope to see y'all sometime soon.
                  Best regards
                  Jim
                  Jim Dubick
                  2010 R1200RT
                  BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Comment

So, FYI, Bill's still on the right side of the sod! BUT wait,

he's having yet more out-patient surgery on 18 Aug... Let's hope he'll manage a smooth recovery enuf to join us for our HUGE Lake Guntersville Rendezvous in October!

Bet they would Really Truly Love to come, and we'd Very Much Welcome their efforts to Arrive Alive Together in their automobile!!!

All You AlaBeemers across the state, light a candle and send Good JuJu up towards Tennessee for successful surgery & recovery, and a Face-to-Face on 23 Oct!

Cheers, P&K

Comment

Praying for successful surgery and recovery for Bill.
                      Martha Warren

Comment

Working...
                      X