Phil Colquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Colquette

Phillip Colquettee was on his way home from a ride to the Dakota badlands when this happened. He was in LA about 400 miles from home.

THE FORUM WILL ONLY LET ME INSERT FIVE PICTURES PER POST. CHECK NEXT POST FOR ADDITIONAL PICTURES.

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

Pict Location.jpg

As you can see from the pictures the 81 year old man turned in from of him. He said there was no options.

The doctor said that he was his miracle patient of the day. Estimated they hit at 80+ mph. He is in good shape considering fractured pelvis, broken wrist and lots of bruises.

The picture of Phil was made about hour after the accident. This hospital administers morphine and iced tea before checking for injuries. He was admitted to the ER twice that day.
    Martin Benson
    Alabaster, AL

2004 R1150R "Black Beauty"

----------
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Phil Colquettee - Part 2

Here are more pictures of the wreck.

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg
    Martin Benson
    Alabaster, AL

----------
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Comment

Any ticket issued?
      terese
      BMWMOAL Member Since 1987
      2007 Breva 750 Moto Guzzi* - Bella
      *Courtesy of BMW

Comment

Don't know, but will try to find out. This was the second time the old man had pulled out in front on someone. Both ended the same way.
        Martin Benson
        Alabaster, AL

----------

Comment

R100R Rider

Thank You Martin for the post. I've been slow at trying to get caught up with all I have to do since the accident. The IDIOT did not have any insurance so that has compounded problems ie: NO new bike to ride for one!
          We (our atty) and myself were able to have his license taken away but that's about it as for satisfaction?
          The wrecker company billed me over $2200 just for storage as his insurance company said no way were not paying..
          It's a mess but I'm alive, walking and very thankful for everyone's prayers.

regards
          phillip

Comment

Wow Phillip...glad to hear you are doing OK. Besides an extremely violent and needless crash it sounds like you have had to endure more headache and hassle just trying to get what is due you. I wish you well going forward!
            Current Bikes
            '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
            '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Comment

2,200 dollar wrecker service bill !!!
              Good grief.....what a thief !!!

Glad you're okay dude.
              65 Honda Black Bomber - 67 Kawasaki 120ss - 69 Kawasaki 175 Bushwacker - 74 Kawasaki H2 - 77 Yamaha RD400 - 09 Kawasaki KLX250sf - 10 BMW R1200R - 2014 Bonneville T100SE

Comment

Thank You Ric
                I have no idea what the wrecker bill itself was? The $2200 was just for storage since June 27th 2010! I see on your profile you have a RD 400 that was always one of my "Wish I Had Bikes!"
                Would love to see a pic or two?

regards
                phillip

Comment

Originally posted by gulfpub View Post
                  Thank You Ric
                  I have no idea what the wrecker bill itself was? The $2200 was just for storage since June 27th 2010! I see on your profile you have a RD 400 that was always one of my "Wish I Had Bikes!"
                  Would love to see a pic or two?

regards
                  phillip
                  here ya go...

Porting & head work by "Team Scream" Race Team
                  RZ intakes with bottle
                  36 mm carbs
                  F1 expansion chambers
                  1/4 throttle

Super serious fast. Even better street behavior. Goes air-borne on power alone. A hoot !!!

Since you're probably a 2-stroke fan...here's my H2.

65 Honda Black Bomber - 67 Kawasaki 120ss - 69 Kawasaki 175 Bushwacker - 74 Kawasaki H2 - 77 Yamaha RD400 - 09 Kawasaki KLX250sf - 10 BMW R1200R - 2014 Bonneville T100SE

Comment

Come on over to http://kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/phpBB2/index.php

We'll have our twelveth annual Deals Gap 2-stroke road bike meet this May 22 - 29. We always get some 100 2-stroke road bikes. Fill up the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort and much of Topoco Lodge and Fontana Resort. You can probably find an RD for a good price. In any case, it's all just a bunch of great guys, a bunch of wrenchers, and once you attend you'll never miss another. It really is that fun.....

Comment

Look.....I made the cover !!!!

Comment

Cool !
                        A Celebrity.
                        Connie
                        http://www.freewebs.com/bamabmw/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Ric View Post
                          Look.....I made the cover !!!!

You better ride that thing to the chicken rally so we can put a face with the name and the bike.
                          Jim Dubick
                          2010 R1200RT
                          BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Comment

Originally posted by jdubeemer View Post
                            You better ride that thing to the chicken rally so we can put a face with the name and the bike.
                            I'm a ring-leader of the big Annual Deals Gap 2-stroke road bike meet. The twelveth annual meeting is this May 22 - 29.

So when is the Chicken Rally ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ric View Post
                              I'm a ring-leader of the big Annual Deals Gap 2-stroke road bike meet. The twelveth annual meeting is this May 22 - 29.

So when is the Chicken Rally ?
                              The Chicken Rally is May 26-29, however the Alabama club meets once a month and you can check the meeting schedule on this website. Also there are other ride get togethers that are posted where you can bring that beemer and have lunch and introduce yourself. You might like to see how much fun we have. Some of us even have a Kawasaki in our stable.
                              Jim Dubick
                              2010 R1200RT
                              BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Comment

Working...
                              X