Back in Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in Alabama

I grew up in north Alabama, 1954-1976. I now find myself an Alabama native again. Nancy and I bought a home in south east Montgomery. I figure it's high time I joined the club. I tried to join, but discovered I need to be recommended from a current member. If someone would like to recommend myself and Nancy, it would be appreciated.
    Mike White
    2015 R1200GSW

Wilkommen back to central Alabama, Mike! Look forward to hearing of your transition to Montgomery.

I'd be pleased to 'recommend' your forthcoming membership to the ALaBeemers (as the elected VP). Of course we all 'renew' our membership at the beginning of each year. We often MET in Dec and then Jan at the Hampton Suites in Hoover, before this pandemic BS transformed all our lives... If & when the vaccines become available, then things can settle back into "normality" one would expect.

FWIW, the forum is not a hotbed of news and opinion. I try to keep an eye on it though. Since most of the BoD lives in the Huntsville vicinity and we still gather on Fridays, I'll be sure to mention your request for membership... Our club's population is of the 'older variety,' so folks are extra wary right now. Stay tuned, and we'll be in touch (here if not through other channels).

Mdm Secretary and I recently rode our bikes to SoCal & SoTex to take our turn in our timeshare. We had a splendid three weeks away from our local routine. Hope you're able to Do Your Thing in your Toy Hauler as winter enshrouds us all. Our Glamper is very much a simpler form of camping in a modest "Time Out" trailer pulled by The Beast.

CIAO!
    Phil & Karen Ager

vicepresident@bmwmoal.org
    secretary@bmwmoal.org

Comment

Welcome back!
      Geoff Bull
      '94 R1100RS
      '13 F800GT
      BMWRA, BMWMOA

Comment

great to hear from you Mike. Welcome back!
        Current Bikes
        '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
        '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Comment

Originally posted by HSV-Phil View Post
          Wilkommen back to central Alabama, Mike! Look forward to hearing of your transition to Montgomery.

I'd be pleased to 'recommend' your forthcoming membership to the ALaBeemers (as the elected VP). Of course we all 'renew' our membership at the beginning of each year. We often MET in Dec and then Jan at the Hampton Suites in Hoover, before this pandemic BS transformed all our lives... If & when the vaccines become available, then things can settle back into "normality" one would expect.

FWIW, the forum is not a hotbed of news and opinion. I try to keep an eye on it though. Since most of the BoD lives in the Huntsville vicinity and we still gather on Fridays, I'll be sure to mention your request for membership... Our club's population is of the 'older variety,' so folks are extra wary right now. Stay tuned, and we'll be in touch (here if not through other channels).

Mdm Secretary and I recently rode our bikes to SoCal & SoTex to take our turn in our timeshare. We had a splendid three weeks away from our local routine. Hope you're able to Do Your Thing in your Toy Hauler as winter enshrouds us all. Our Glamper is very much a simpler form of camping in a modest "Time Out" trailer pulled by The Beast.

CIAO!
          Phil & Karen Ager

vicepresident@bmwmoal.org
          secretary@bmwmoal.org
          Thanks Phil & Karen

I've lurked here on the forums for a few years, been to a couple of meet and greets in Huntsville and Birmingham, and attended 5 chicken rallies, so I've talked to a number of you. Sadly I can't remember everyone's name. Hopefully after this pandemic is under control we will be meeting and riding together again. I've been riding solo this year and I haven't been on any long rides this year either. I miss the cross country rides to the national rallies.

Mike
          Mike White
          2015 R1200GSW

Comment

Working...
          X