Need ride suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ride suggestions

I'm currently hanging out in an RV park in Montgomery. Could someone give me some day ride suggestions? I'm riding a GS, but most of my riding is done on the pavement these days. I do like dirt/gravel roads out in the country, but I leave the single track stuff to those more experienced than me.
    Mike White
    2015 R1200GSW

If you a MOA member you can pull up your August issue of the Mag on line and see an article written by Vance Harrelson about a Alabama Highway 25 ride you could easily access from your location. Or head west through Selma or even as far a Demopolis and look for some BB-Q. Nice scenery down there in Cotton field country.
    Jim Dubick
    2010 R1200RT
    BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Comment

Originally posted by jdubeemer View Post
      If you a MOA member you can pull up your August issue of the Mag on line and see an article written by Vance Harrelson about a Alabama Highway 25 ride you could easily access from your location. Or head west through Selma or even as far a Demopolis and look for some BB-Q. Nice scenery down there in Cotton field country.
      Thanks Jim. I'll read the article.
      Mike White
      2015 R1200GSW

Comment

Hey Mike, great to hear from you! A couple of suggestions for you down that way...visit the Town of Spectre where the movie the Big Fish was filmed in Millbrook https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...k_Alabama.html
        Also, check out the riding around the Lake Martin area, some really cool roads up that way. Lots of history in and around the area so there is a lot of cool stuff that a quick Google search will get you. And oh yeah, check out hte article Jim mentioned in the August ON!

Ride safe man!
        Vance
        Current Bikes
        '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
        '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Comment

Originally posted by Vance View Post
          Hey Mike, great to hear from you! A couple of suggestions for you down that way...visit the Town of Spectre where the movie the Big Fish was filmed in Millbrook https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...k_Alabama.html
          Also, check out the riding around the Lake Martin area, some really cool roads up that way. Lots of history in and around the area so there is a lot of cool stuff that a quick Google search will get you. And oh yeah, check out hte article Jim mentioned in the August ON!

Ride safe man!
          Vance
          Thanks Vance. I've been riding around Lake Martin and have enjoyed myself so far. Will check out Spectre also. I grew up in the Decatur area and have ridden in north AL quite a bit, but not much here in south AL.

Mike
          Mike White
          2015 R1200GSW

Comment

Working...
          X