New Dealership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dealership

Heard yesterday there is a new BMW and Triumph dealer opening in Huntsville.
    1995 HD Ultra Classic
    2003 BMW R1150RT
    President Tribe of Judah MM - South Alabama Chapter
    BMWMOAL - MOA - HOG Lifetime Member

Isaiah 58:14 - "Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...".

Originally posted by fr8pilot1 View Post
    Heard yesterday there is a new BMW and Triumph dealer opening in Huntsville.
    Any idea when it will open?
    Tommy Crawford
    2012 1600GTL
    2012 1200GS
    2010 Harley Ultra Classic Limited

Comment

Here is the latest information from Vernon.

Bob,

I heard Cycle Nation on the South Parkway is picking up BMW’s. They currently have four Japanese brands plus water craft, ATVs and hunting/hauling 4 wheelers. They just change owners but other than that, they have not published any updates to their web. I’ll drop by this week to see if I can get some info and will let you know. Hope to see you at Barber’s. If not, I’ll post what I find out on the Forum.

Vernon
      Bob Steber
      1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
      1991 R100GS The Bumblebee
      1976 R90s Odalisque

Comment

They (Cycle Nation) said that they would have Triumph in-house by the first of July, when they finished a remodel. Local (Huntsville) Triumph-riding friends aren't too thrilled with the service department (several have used it for their Kaw-hon-uki's). Maybe they'll get their act together for great service/sales once they get both Triumph & BMW in-house.
        JGoertz
        2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
        2015 BMW R1200RT

Comment

I met with Bobby Luhm, the GM this morning and confirmed they plan to open a BMW Motorcycle Dealership on July 31st. Bobby came from the BMW dealership in Miami. They have a BMW trained mechanic Mike, and a couple of seasoned mechanics what will follow Mike's lead. They are located about 2 miles north of Ditto Landing.

Bobby and I talked for an hour or so and my first impressing was super positive. He is aware of the difficulties previous dealers have experienced and plans to avoid their mistakes. He attend our Rally last year and decided then he needed to be a part of the BMW community. He is big on sponged events and has some floor space set aside for organizations to use. He seems like a stand-up guy that we can do business with. I took the liberty of speaking for the club when I told him that "we" would like to see him succeed and that we would like to work with him for our mutual benefit. He agreed and understands the value of group support.

I invited him to join us at Barber's this weekend. It was short notice but he said he would look at re-arranging his schedule.

Vernon

Comment

Thanks Vernon, this is indeed positive news. I am glad to know you had a chance to spend some time with him. A good dealer in our area would certainly be a good thing!! Thanks for keeping us up to date!
            Current Bikes
            '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
            '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Comment

Good news Vernon. Thanks for visiting with the GM and confirming that we will have a dealership in Alabama and that his intentions are to support our club. I remember how enjoyable it was going to Dixie Sports Plus in Vinemont on pizza Saturdays and hope the same can be said about the Huntsville Store.
              Bob Steber
              1976 R90s Odalisque

Comment

Originally posted by R90Srider View Post
                Good news Vernon. Thanks for visiting with the GM and confirming that we will have a dealership in Alabama and that his intentions are to support our club. I remember how enjoyable it was going to Dixie Sports Plus in Vinemont on pizza Saturdays and hope the same can be said about the Huntsville Store.
                Yes if you feed them they will come. However, integrity, honesty and outgoing personality will help a lot.
                Jim Dubick
                2010 R1200RT
                BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Comment

Here is the latest from John Zibell.

Hi Bob,

I'm at Cycle Nation. They are picking up BMW and Triumph. Techs are in school. Grand Opening scheduled for August 1st. They are adding on to the building for the required space.

John

Hopefully we can have a good Birmingham area ALABEEMER turnout for the grand opening. When the date is for sure firm, I will ride to Huntsville via back roads. Let me know if you would like to join me for the ride. A good place to meet is at Hardees on Valleydale Road for breakfast at 8:30, then head to Huntsville. Please remember to have a full tank of fuel and an empty bladder before we roll.
                  Bob Steber
                  1976 R90s Odalisque

Comment

I looked at their web site and didn't see anything about BMW. Is their acquisition of the BMW dealership still a go?
                    '00 R1100RT

If you insist on exercising a right to burn our flag, first be so kind as to wrap yourself in it and then douse yourself with gasoline just before you strike the match...

Comment

BMW is like most other brands, until you have all of the pieces in place (showroom, parts, trained tech, etc.) they will not allow you to display the logo or mention that you are a dealer, or that your dealership is "coming soon". They are only allowed to say they are "tentatively approved". The biggest hurdle for any new BMW dealer is BMW's requirements for the showroom and the signage. Some long standing dealers have given up their dealerships rather than comply with the new "Euro" design which was going to take megabucks to comply.

The word I have is yes, they are going to be the new dealer in Huntsville...it will just take time for all the pieces to come together.
                      1995 HD Ultra Classic
                      2003 BMW R1150RT
                      President Tribe of Judah MM - South Alabama Chapter
                      BMWMOAL - MOA - HOG Lifetime Member

Isaiah 58:14 - "Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...".

Comment

News from John Z. this morning.

The grand opening of the new Huntsville dealership is delayed. BMW of North America has no bikes that can be delivered to the Huntsville store until the 2015 models are available some time in October. John said the new general manager came from Miami and is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about offering BMW motorcycles. Also their certified BMW tech will take another certification course in September. John will let us know when the grand opening date is official.
                        Bob Steber
                        1976 R90s Odalisque

Comment

Originally posted by R90Srider View Post
                          News from John Z. this morning.

The grand opening of the new Huntsville dealership is delayed. BMW of North America has no bikes that can be delivered to the Huntsville store until the 2015 models are available some time in October. John said the new general manager came from Miami and is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about offering BMW motorcycles. Also their certified BMW tech will take another certification course in September. John will let us know when the grand opening date is official.
                          Roger that. Thanks.
                          '00 R1100RT

If you insist on exercising a right to burn our flag, first be so kind as to wrap yourself in it and then douse yourself with gasoline just before you strike the match...

Comment

Thanks for the update. Guess we just keep waiting.
                            Tommy Crawford
                            2012 1600GTL
                            2012 1200GS
                            2010 Harley Ultra Classic Limited

Comment

Went by Cycle Nation yesterday (9/11/14). Their mechanics are at the BMW school. They plan to be in the service business within a month.
                              They have a dozen or so Triumphs on the showroom floor and are expecting BMW's next month (if I remember correctly).
                              They also will be carrying Triumph and BMW accessories.
                              65 Honda Black Bomber - 67 Kawasaki 120ss - 69 Kawasaki 175 Bushwacker - 74 Kawasaki H2 - 77 Yamaha RD400 - 09 Kawasaki KLX250sf - 10 BMW R1200R - 2014 Bonneville T100SE

Comment

Working...
                              X