Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had any successful dealings with the current BMW dealer in Birmingham?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had any successful dealings with the current BMW dealer in Birmingham?

Matt Richards asked on FaceBook

"hey AL friends...has anyone had any successful dealings with the current BMW Motorcycle dealer in Birmingham? just looking for some feedback..."

https://www.facebook.com/iammattrich...51446655656731

... If you can answer his post directly on FaceBook, please do, - if not, ... I will try to forward responses.

Thanks

Originally posted by AbnCavScout View Post
    Matt Richards asked on FaceBook

"hey AL friends...has anyone had any successful dealings with the current BMW Motorcycle dealer in Birmingham? just looking for some feedback..."

https://www.facebook.com/iammattrich...51446655656731

... If you can answer his post directly on FaceBook, please do, - if not, ... I will try to forward responses.

Thanks

This could get interesting! I too am interested in a new bike and would like to hear both positive and negative comments. I have always believed we need a local franchise but this will be my first new BMW purchase. I heard that Andy left the dealership this week. I have had good dealings with Andy even at Bogart's when he arranged replacement of my 1200 GT clutch under warranty even though I bought the bike used and out of state. I am reluctant to buy from a local dealership that may cease to exist at any minute and have had nothing but excellent dealings with Pandora's, so I am uncertain as to which way to go. Any other dealers available who will transport bikes for you? Atlanta? Pensacola?

Comments please,

thanks,
    Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
      I am reluctant to buy from a local dealership that may cease to exist at any minute and have had nothing but excellent dealings with Pandora's, so I am uncertain as to which way to go. Any other dealers available who will transport bikes for you? Atlanta? Pensacola?

Comments please,

thanks,
      Jake
      Jake, understand your situation completely... personally I don't have a good feeling buying from one dealer, then like you say...closes....or if I have a disagreement with the dealer and have to go to another dealer to get warranty work done or just to do a service. I went thru that back in the post Venture BMW days in Birmingham...I and others can write volumes about the lack of service and customer appreciation during the days of last two former owners...
      I do not know anything at all about the present BMW dealer in Birmingham or in Pensacola....

I purchased two new bikes from Ted at Venture BMW...but from then on...purchased used bikes, due in part of not having a support dealer nearby... I forced myself to learn the basic service and checking valves and so on.....my only big hiccup was the servo...(thank the lord they don't have that monster any more) Terry Ware bailed me out on that one...

I did not purchase a new bike until I felt good about my supporter dealer and timing of my mileage and wear.... then I purchased from Pandora....of course I have a home there in Chattanooga area...but with my past experience I was willing to purchase from either dealer in Atlanta....

I look forward to at least meeting the new dealers in the area, Bham and Pensacola and hope that both will support our local club as well....

Sorry I don't have the magic answer...but I can understand where you are coming from....
      Don G Norwood

2011 R1200GSA Radio Flyer III with DMC sidecar
      1975 R90/6 w/Velorex sidecar -Sold to a good home
      2015 G650GS, 1998 1200C.

Click here for more infomation FIRST SATURDAY IN DECEMBER

"The Bike may have got us together, but the friendships will keep us together"

Comment

I bought two new bikes from Andy a year ago. He is a good guy and treated me well going back to Bogarts. Can anyone confirm that Andy left? Any further info?
        Chris Patterson
        MOA, MOAL, RA, AMA
        1992 K75 RT "Charley"
        2012 R1200 GS Adventure "Gustav"

Comment

I heard through the grapevine that he was leaving...But don't know if he actually has or not...
          Current Bikes
          '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
          '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Comment

I guess I wouldn't be surprised. He had his hands full.
            Chris Patterson
            MOA, MOAL, RA, AMA
            1992 K75 RT "Charley"
            2012 R1200 GS Adventure "Gustav"

Comment

Working...
            X