Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1200RT fuel gauge

Ok. Here's anoth
    Last edited by Raceydog; 06-29-2009, 08:02 AM.
    Jimmy

2007 R1200RT (Gadgetmobile)Sold
    1972 R50/5 Toaster (Delilah)Sold
    1979 R100RT (Ol Road ho)
    2007 Craftsman 26hp V-Twin

Take it to BMW of Atlanta.
    James
    2005 R1200GS
    2004 Triumph Daytona 600
    Helena, AL

Comment

I am alread
      Jimmy

1979 R100RT (Ol Road ho)

Comment

I live in Birmingham, and I bought my bike from Atlanta, and I have it serviced in Atlanta. I've had nothing but success with them. They are a fantastic, no BS dealership. They had my bike two hours longer than they told me the last time I was up there, they gave me a pretty darn good discount on the labor rate for that. Only one time have I not had my bike back when they said I could expect it, and that's because the computer they use to do diagnostics and updates to the bikes went down.

Good people.
        James
        2005 R1200GS
        2004 Triumph Daytona 600
        Helena, AL

Comment

Hi Racydog.

In that your bike is still in warranty, how about giving Bogart's a second chance. Their two master wrenches are are really good, and I am hearing more positive things about them. If you make your appointment, it will be honored and their work will be done promptly. The trip to Atlanta on I-20 in all of that truck traffic just isn't worth it.

Bob
          Bob Steber
          1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
          1991 R100GS The Bumblebee
          1976 R90s Odalisque

Comment

Originally posted by R90Srider View Post
            The trip to Atlanta on I-20 in all of that truck traffic just isn't worth it.
            For peace of mind, prompt service and committment to quality, it certainly is.
            James
            2005 R1200GS
            2004 Triumph Daytona 600
            Helena, AL

Comment

At one time Bob & Lynda Woolridge of BMW of Atlanta had more top master certified wrenches than any dealer in the US with 5. Also Bob himself is master certified. Both him and Lynda are MBAs and believe in advance education. Even some of their part time help have been to some levels of BMW technical training.
              Last edited by Wrong Way; 05-07-2007, 01:10 PM.
              Tim

2012 G650GS BMW
              2012 Harley FLHTCUSE7 Ultra Classic CVO

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                Take it to BMW of Atlanta.
                +1 on BMW of Atlanta
                Gail & Paul
                F700GS/ KLR650 / R1200R
                IBA #23343 & 23344
                "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

Comment

Bogart's...hruumppphhh

Well I gave
                  Jimmy

1979 R100RT (Ol Road ho)

Comment

Morning Raceydog.

Sorry to hear that you received poor service at Bogart's. With the other negative comments posted here, I consider myself fortunate to have received good service there.

Bob
                    Bob Steber
                    1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
                    1991 R100GS The Bumblebee
                    1976 R90s Odalisque

Comment

Originally posted by Raceydog View Post
                      Any more comments on Bogart's? I would love to send a link to the replies to BMW International.
                      Oh Man,
                      You don't want me to get started. Most everyone here knows how I got treated while "trying" to BUY a bike from them, so I wont go over it again. Go to BMW of Atlanta where they appreciate your business and they do what they tell you they will do. The best thing you can do is learn how to work on your own motorcycle ans much as possible and eliminate any service dept. Just my two cents worth!
                      Gail & Paul
                      F700GS/ KLR650 / R1200R
                      IBA #23343 & 23344
                      "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason." Jerry Seinfield

Comment

BMW NA called me and did a survey, and they got an earful.

I really didn't intend for this to be a let's bash Bogart's thread when I mentioned BMW of Atlanta. I only recommend them (BMW of Atlanta) for the same reasons Gail stated, and based on my experiences (plural) with both dealerships. In fact, just like Gail, my negative experience with Bogart's began with trying to buy a bike (and didn't end there).

Raceydog, you and I should talk sometime. I grew up in the Montgomery area and get down that way to see my parents from time to time. My dad bought Vance and Mari's black F 650.
                        James
                        2005 R1200GS
                        2004 Triumph Daytona 600
                        Helena, AL

Comment

update

I forgot utgu
                          Last edited by Raceydog; 06-29-2009, 08:03 AM.
                          Jimmy

1979 R100RT (Ol Road ho)

Comment

The original post is mostly deleted. Is this about the R1200RT fuel guage failure due to ethanol gas? A friend told me he has had to have the in tank strip (sensor I guess) replaced three times. I suggested he try the Sta-Bil Marine Formula ethanol treatment. I use it in my boat. It's supposed to stop the damage ethanol causes to outboard fuel systems. It's hard to find no ethanol gas in some places. Has anyone tried this stuff in their bike?
                            Bill
                            72 Honda CT90 (Orange Crush)

Comment

Bogarts experience

Since Bob seems to be a lone voice, I thought I would chime in. I too had a bad experience attempting to purchase a bike from Bogarts. Without exaggeration, I sat on one of their bikes in the showroom for an hour without anyone offering to sell it to me. Anyway, I have bought my BMWs used since. My experience with the service has so far been good. The clutch on my GT, which I purchased from an individual in N Carolina with 5300 miles, had a chirp noise. They replaced the entire clutch under warranty. 4500 miles later the sound has not recurred but I expect it to based on others' experience. Other service has also been warranty items or 6000 mile service on the GT and my GS and they have been on time and performed all recalls.

I really don't think we want to lose our local dealership.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                              X