No announcement yet.

What's wrong with Buster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Puddin, what's the update on poor Buster's condition? Any word yet?
    JGoertz
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2015 BMW R1200RT

Comment

Well, several have asked so here is the current report from the hospital. Buster has suffered a total failure in several of his major organs. The trouble apparently began with a bearing failure in the transmission. As we all know when you spit a bunch of marbles into a puddle of oil hosting a bunch of closely meshed gears, spinning at high speed it doesn't take long to cause BIG trouble. When it locked up it stripped drive shaft splines and the rear end was ailing at the same time. All in all a really bad failure!
      The doctor along with several other surgeons consulted from across the country agree that this bearing failure is certainly not normal. I have appealed to BMW directly for some help as this failure has virtually totaled the patient. They are considering the situation at corporate to determine if help will be provided.
      Because the meeting is upon us this weekend and I really like the Little's chili, and I am wanting to do my part to stimulate the economy, I have purchased an 09 GS. I am traveling tomorrow to pick it up.
      My intent is to heal Buster and possibly even find a new home for him...we'll see what BMW has to say....
      See ya'll at Blue Springs!
      Current Bikes
      '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
      '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Comment

ouch!!!!!!
        Jim Dubick
        2010 R1200RT
        BMW MOAL BMWMOA

Comment

An '09 GS...Vance you are my hero. Where are you getting it from?
          Jimmy

2007 R1200RT (Gadgetmobile)Sold
          1972 R50/5 Toaster (Delilah)Sold
          1979 R100RT (Ol Road ho)
          2007 Craftsman 26hp V-Twin

Comment

An 09 GS, WOW. I'm all for stimulus but I coulda got you a sack of oysters for a lot cheaper Can't wait to see it a Blu Springs.
            Gator
            BoB

CURRENT BIKEs

2010 R 1200 GS

CLUB AFFILIATIONS
            BMWMOA, BMWMOAL,

Comment

The new bike is home from Atlanta. Had to leave Buster there...for now. we'll be at Blue Springs...a great break in ride indeed! See ya'll there....
              Current Bikes
              '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
              '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Comment

Working...
              X