95 R1100GS tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 R1100GS tires

I need to put a set of tires on my GS and would like to know what you guys are running. I do 99% on road and 1% off road. I have Tourance on the bike now. But they seem to cup a bit. I think I want to try a different tire. Since the GS is a popular bike I expect that people have tried a variety of tires.

Thanks,
    Erik
    Erik Bahl
    Huntsville

"Those are some fine P-nuts"

2004 R1150R
    1929 R63 OHV - 2014 Cannonball Run Entry #63
    1915 H-D Model 11F - 2016 and 2018 Cannonball Run

Erik, I run the tourance also and I get really good service out of them. you do have to be particular in watching pressures though. I am getting ready to put another set on Buster right now. My preference.....
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Comment

Vance,

What are the sizes on your bike?
      Erik Bahl
      Huntsville

2004 R1150R

Comment

Erik.

I agree with Vance. Before going to the Conti TKC 80s, I perferred the Torrance and got excellent mileage with them compared to Michelans. It is very important to keep the tires inflated properly. Another sure way to help prevent cupping is to use the sides more .
        Bob Steber
        1995 R100GSPDC Long Tall Sallie
        1991 R100GS The Bumblebee
        1976 R90s Odalisque

Comment

Erik,
          I have run the old style Dunlops, new style Dunlops(don't remember the number off hand but is the sorriest tire I have run), Avon Distanzas, TKC80's, Michelin Anakees((this Michelin I have on is going to push the Dunlop as being the shortest lived) and Tourances. Stay with the Tourances but avoid the new Tourance ESP (sic) have heard nothing but bad things about it. I have a buddy who has gotten good mileage out of a set of Pirelli Scoripons. You should get between 16-20K out of front and 10-14K out of a rear. Of Course depending on how you ride.
          Rear is 150/70 -17 and Front is 110/?(i believe 90) -19.
          You are probably going to get some cupping from all of the front tires. The worse of the ones I have used was the old Dunlops (I I believe they were 605's or 604's)
          Good place to get them is RonAyers.com or SWmototires.com

Gary
          Charm and Mr. Congeniality

Comment

Gary,

Thanks for the input. I had a set of tourances arrive at the door today. They are marked EXP. It sounds like these are the tires your are mentioning. Well..I will give you a report as to how long they last and what kind of issues I have (hopefully none).
            Erik Bahl
            Huntsville

2004 R1150R

Comment

Working...
            X