Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LED turn signal swap on '03 R1150GS Adventure ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED turn signal swap on '03 R1150GS Adventure ?

I've had two turn signals both break at the shaft on my 2003 R1150GS Adventure. I bought two pair of these Black LED Turn Signals BMW R1150 on eBay to replace my turn signals all around.

When I connected up a single turn indicator on the front, and the old stock bulb was still connected on the back of my BMW, the indicator would flash "fast" - the same as when a single bulb is blown. When I also replaced the indicator on the rear, - they would give one single flash when activated, and then nothing else happened, - which I assume is the standard signal from my bike that both bulbs are blown.

... I am assuming that because the LED signals have such a low pull on electricity, that my BMW is assuming that the bulb is blown. Can anyone suggest a fix so that I can use the turn signals I purchased from you on both the front and rear of my bike?

Thanks,

Rodger

That would be a good Terry question. Your assumption sounds reasonable to me... I just don't know if that is correct....

I know...I know...thanks for nuttin'!
    Current Bikes
    '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
    '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Comment

Load resistors ...

I discovered the answer is "Load Resistors" ... They can be found on eBay for $8.00 to $9.00 a pair after postage. Here is one link ~ http://www.ebay.com/itm/320841951429...84.m1438.l2649

Comment

Working...
      X