Better Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Horn

The horn on my GS sounds like a horn on a bicycle or mini bike.

I bought the loudest horn possible called a "Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horn"
    It mounts pretty easy in place of the old one, Specs say it is 139db!

About $45

If you need a horn this is the one to get.

Paul, can you share the source?
    Jamie
    02 K1200lt
    82 R100RT

Comment

Do a google search for "Stebel Nautilus Compact Motorcycle Horn" - Actually go to ebay and search for this. You should get several hits.

Here is a link I hope will work:

Click here for info

Comment

Originally posted by pmcclain View Post
        The horn on my GS sounds like a horn on a bicycle or mini bike.

I bought the loudest horn possible called a "Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horn"
        It mounts pretty easy in place of the old one, Specs say it is 139db!

About $45

If you need a horn this is the one to get.
        I know what you mean Paul. I have just installed a FIAM Freeway Blaster horn. The RT has a great horn but on the GS I think that must have been the last thing they designed. They knew they had a great bike but the horn is terrible! Good tip...problem solved!
        Current Bikes
        '16 BMW R1200GSA "Buck"
        '18 BMW G310GS "Tiny"

Member;

[I]BMWMOAL / BMWMOA / AMA / Dixie Dual Sport / IBA/ BMW Riders of Chattanooga

I may not be here for a long time...but I am here for a good time!

Comment

I too was a weak toot, toot, until I install the Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horn, now I am BLAST, BLAST

Had a problem mounting mine where the GS old horn is..so I made a bracket under for under the peak(cover over front wheel) and wired to old horn...so now I have both...but you can't hear the ole one....
          Don G Norwood

2011 R1200GSA Radio Flyer III with DMC sidecar
          1975 R90/6 w/Velorex sidecar -Sold to a good home
          2015 G650GS, 1998 1200C.

Click here for more infomation FIRST SATURDAY IN DECEMBER

"The Bike may have got us together, but the friendships will keep us together"

Comment

Photos of horn mounting

Paul,
            Could you post some photos and maybe a description of how you mounted it to your GS. I have had one of the horns for about 2 years, but never figured out how to mount it so it wasn't in the way of the forks. Guess I ain't to inventive.

Thanks,
            Gary
            Charm and Mr. Congeniality

Comment

Fiam makes an economy airhorn (about $25) that I have also used on a couple of bikes. It has a small compressor that will mount to the old horn bracket and two plastic horns that can be mounted in your choice of locations. I recommend adding a relay to any airhorn you install. You wouldn't want this thing to fry the button and stay on.
              When I bought my first RT I had a car backing out in front of me. I blew the horn (beep beep), but the car kept coming. I rode to the nearest auto parts store and bought the air horn. A couple days later I was doing about 70 on a divided 4 lane. A guy in a pickup looked at me and started pulling out in front of me. I gave him a blast on the air horn and he swerved back off the road and stopped. As I passed he was looking behind me for the truck.
              The newer RT seems to have a much louder horn, but I'm still considering air. This one looks like an easy install.
              Bill
              72 Honda CT90 (Orange Crush)

Comment

Air Horn

The Steble will get the attention of any cell phone talking soccer mom. I just bought a new 2007 and that was my first install as I had a new Stebel waitting to install on my 08 KLR. I had one on my K1200 GT and belive me they are worth thier weight in gold to get someones attention.
                Ride Safe,

Joe Champion
                2007 R 1200 GS

Comment

Better Horn

I installed a Stebel horn on my '07 RT last week after almost being run into the median/curb on Valleydale Rd. The guy never even looked left. I was sitting right next to his door. Blowing my horn. I actually got mine on ebay. It was listed as an "Ultimate Blast" horn. Apparently, some company is repackaging stebel horns with their name on the package. The horn actually says Stebel on it. It's not a knockoff either. I have another Stebel on my work van and it is the exact same. I paid 26.00 total. It's LOUD!
                  Jimmy

2007 R1200RT (Gadgetmobile)Sold
                  1972 R50/5 Toaster (Delilah)Sold
                  1979 R100RT (Ol Road ho)
                  2007 Craftsman 26hp V-Twin

Comment

Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horn

I bought on of these for my 1100RT but now trying to figure out how to mount it.

Any suggestions and photos would be appreciated.
                    Martin Benson
                    Alabaster, AL

2004 R1150R "Black Beauty"

----------
                    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Comment

better than an air horn

I have decided to forgo the air horn in lieu of a pair of these babies mounted to my handle bars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn02le8e0nQ

Should get the attention of some of the idiots.

Gary
                      Charm and Mr. Congeniality

Comment

Originally posted by dixieoutlaw View Post
                        I have decided to forgo the air horn in lieu of a pair of these babies mounted to my handle bars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn02le8e0nQ

Should get the attention of some of the idiots.

Gary
                        300 RPM X 12 (00 buck) = 3600 RMP

plus the frag 12?

Incredible.

Comment

Working...
                        X